Our website downloads cookies to your computer - after your consent. Cookes make the site work properly and give us information that we use to improve your user experience. Third parties can download cookies too, via our website. In this cookie statement you can read about the types of cookies we use.
When you visit our website for the first time, you will see a message at the bottom of the window telling "Our website uses a cookie to improve your user experience". By clicking on 'No problem', you consent to the placing of cookies.
You can delete cookies via your browser settings. There you can also set what type of cookies are placed on your computer.
Agreements with third parties about cookies
Types of cookies on surf.nl
Our website uses a number of functional cookies, which ensure that the website functions correctly:
- JSESSIOND: necessary for the functioning of the website.
- BACKING: necessary for the functioning of the website.
- Cb-enabled: necessary to store your cookie preferences.
Analytical and tracking cookies
SURF uses the open source statistics tool Matomo (https://matomo.org). This tool gives SURF insight into the way visitors use the website and makes it possible to improve it.
Matomo uses the following cookies on your computer:
- _pk_ref: This cookie tracks from which website you are visiting the SURF website. It is valid for 6 months.
- _ pk_cvar: This optional cookie is placed on your computer when, for example, you participate in a survey. The cookie prevents you from being asked to participate in the same survey a second time. This cookie is valid for 2 years.
- _pk_id: This cookie determines if you are a new or returning visitor. This cookie is valid for 2 years.
- _pk_ses: This cookie determines which pages you have visited on SURF.nl. The cookie is only valid during that specific visit.
Refuse Matomo cookies
If you do not wish to supply your data, please click on the button 'Refuse matomo cookies' at the bottom of this page.
Embedded content (YouTube videos, Google Maps maps) may use third-party cookies. You have to explicitly grant permission for these cookies to be stored on your computer.
Accept third-party cookies
If you wish to accept third-party cookies, please click on 'Accept third-party cookies' at the bottom of this page. This button also allows you to revoke previously given permission.
Survey about visit to SURF.nl
On several pages we invite you to answer questions about your visit to SURF.nl. This survey places the following cookies:
- PHPSESSID: necessary for the functioning of the website
- _ga: ensures that the user continues with the last question in case of interruption
- cookieconsent_status: causes the _ga cookie to be placed
You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
Social media buttons
The social media buttons on surf.nl are links to the social networks concerned. They do not place any cookies.
Changes to the cookie statement
SURF reserves the right to make changes to this cookie statement. We recommend that you check this cookie statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
General contact details
3511 EP Utrecht
Contact details Data Protection Officer
Evelijn Jeunink, Evelijn.email@example.com
This cookie statement was last updated on 20 April 2018.